Tuesday, December 22, 2009

My Theory on Deja Vu

I'll keep it short and sweet, because its rather simple.

People have on average 36 dreams per night. This is 13,140 dreams per year.
All of these dreams are just assembled from random information laying around in your brain.

My theory is that Deja Vu is simply the subconscious recollection of a dream or part of a dream that has distinct similarities to whatever the situation you are experiencing.

Odds are that you'll come up with very realistic dreams, and simply due to quantity of dreams its likely that you'd come up with situations you have yet to experience but are likely to happen.

So thats it: Deja Vu = your brain finding similarities between dreams of your past and your present moment

It could be right, it could be bullshit, I don't care. It makes sense to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment